Looking for an opportunity to advance your career in consultancy within a supportive environment?
Temple is an expanding company that is moving into the next stage of its development. Currently working under three banners of The Ecology Consultancy, Temple Group and Arbeco. Working as one business Temple includes one of the UK’s largest dedicated ecological consultancies, an environment and planning consultancy and a growing arboricultural consultancy team.
The company is defined by our unique culture – one that puts people at the core of everything we do. We strive to create a friendly and supportive working environment. Joining The Temple Group is a chance to be part of a close-knit, fun, openminded and driven team that really cares about what they do and prides itself on the quality of their work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Assistant Arboricultural Consultant to assist with and carry out Arboricultural surveys and reports. The post will be based in either our London or Lewes offices and will require travel between them. The project-based nature of our work means that there will also be a requirement to undertake such travel as is necessary to successfully carry out contracts.
The Assistant Arboriculturist will be involved in all areas of tree survey work, including;
- Undertaking BS 5837 surveys and reports;
- Tree condition surveys;
- Undertaking climbing tree surveys for bats – NPTC Climbing and Aerial Rescue CS38.
- Fee quote preparation and management of project budgets;
- Communicating with clients and landowners;
- Participate in marketing and developing the Arboricultural services offered to new and existing clients;
- Providing support to the management team.
The successful candidates will:
- Have degree or minimum Level 3 Arboricultural qualification i.e. HNC Arb, AA Tech Cert, NDip Arb;
- Be confident working as part as a multi-disciplinary team and also lone working;
- Have a working understanding of undertaking tree surveys and preparing reports to BS 5837:2012;
- Have a good level of tree and pathogen identification;
- Be confident in planning and managing your own portfolio of work;
- Have strong IT skills including MS Office;
- Have a full clean UK driving licence;
- Have good data & report writing skills
Desirable but not essential:
- LANTRA Professional Tree Inspection Certificate (PTI).
- An understanding of basic maps and plans using AutoCAD and GIS.
- Technical or Professional membership to the Arboricultural Association.
- CSCS Card.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary on a scale commensurate with experience.
- TOIL (time off in lieu) policy and flexible approach to working hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays;
- Opportunities for career development and training;
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months’ service);
- Socials, games nights and volunteering days offered through our staff engagement and development initiative;
- Fun, friendly, and forward-thinking co-workers;
- A dog-friendly office.
If this is the role for you: Please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is 31/05/2021.