The Ecology Consultancy is seeking a Project Officer to work on a large scale infrastructure project during the 2018 field survey season. We are looking for a graduate with an interest in ecology to assist with finance tasks, subcontractor coordination, scheduling and coordination of field surveys, management of data and the day to day running of the project. The Project Officer will support an established team of Ecologists and Project Officers in delivering the 2018 survey programmes.
We are looking for a fast learning, well organised individual with good attention to detail and strong IT skills. The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure, prioritise and manage their own workload. The Project Officer is integral to the smooth running of our survey programmes throughout the summer. Tasks a successful candidate can be expected to be involved in include;
- Finance tasks;
- Raising purchase orders;
- Managing subcontractor timesheets;
- Processing supplier invoices;
- Assisting Project Manager with managing budgets.
- Subcontractor management including resource scheduling and organising inductions;
- Assisting with Health & Safety plans and documentation including incident reporting;
- Scheduling logistics and coordination;
- Coordinating surveyor schedules;
- Arranging access to survey sites and liaising with landowners and access teams;
- Managing equipment;
- Quality Assurance of data;
- Database management.
Essential skills and aptitudes
- Graduate with a degree in ecology, environmental science or similar;
- Knowledge of ecological survey standard methodologies;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel;
- Highly organised with strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Quick to learn, thorough and friendly with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
This is an office based position. The Project Officer will not be required to undertake fieldwork
What do we offer?
- 6 month contract
- Starting salary £20,680.00 pa (pro rata)
- 25 days Annual leave (pro rata);
- Structured and generous career development and training budget (The Orchard);
- Socials, games nights, volunteering days through our staff engagement and development initiative (PASE)
- Flextime, working from home and Time Off In Lieu
- Flexible location working
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months service)
Applications (your CV and a covering letter) should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to The Ecology Consultancy, Tempus Wharf, 33a Bermondsey Wall West, London, SE16 4TQ. Please also make sure you are filling out the following requirements form.
Deadline for applications is August 31st 2018.