The Ecology Consultancy is seeking a Project Officer to work on a large-scale infrastructure project during the busy 2019 field survey season. We are looking for a graduate with an interest in ecology to assist with finance tasks, subcontractor coordination, scheduling and coordination of field surveys, management of data and the day-to-day running of the project. The Project Officer will support an established team of Ecologists and Project Officers in delivering survey programmes.
We are looking for a fast learning, well organised individual with good attention to detail and strong IT skills. The successful candidate must be able to work well under pressure, prioritise and manage their own workload. The Project Officer is integral to the smooth running of our survey programmes throughout the summer. Tasks a successful candidate can be expected to be involved in include:
- Finance tasks:
- Raising purchase orders;
- Managing subcontractor timesheets;
- Processing supplier invoices;
- Assisting Project Manager(s) with managing budgets.
- Subcontractor management including resource scheduling and organising inductions;
- Assisting with Health & Safety plans and documentation including incident reporting;
- Scheduling logistics and coordination;
- Coordinating surveyor schedules;
- Arranging access to survey sites and liaising with landowners and access teams;
- Managing equipment;
- Quality assurance of data; and,
- Database Management.
Essential skills and aptitudes
- Graduate with a relevant degree qualification;
- Knowledge of ecological survey standard methodologies;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel;
- Highly organized with strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Quick to learn, thorough and friendly with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
NB: This is an office-based position. The Project Officer will not be required to undertake field work.
The Ecology Consultancy
Founded in 1999, The Ecology Consultancy has over 120 staff and is now one of the largest dedicated consultancies run by ecologists in the country. Along with Arbeco, our new sister company offering arboricultural consultancy and habitat management services, and the environmental consultancy Temple, we form part of the Temple Group of companies.
The company is defined by our unique culture – one that puts people at the core of everything we do. We strive to create a friendly and supportive working environment, encouraging staff to take advantage of every opportunity for professional development and assisting them in their career progression. Joining the Ecology Consultancy is a chance to be part of close-knit, fun, openminded and driven team that really cares about what they do and prides itself on the quality of their work.
What’s in it for you?
- Starting salary of £20,680.00 pa (pro rata);
- TOIL (time off in lieu) policy and flexible approach to working hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance;
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays;
- Amazing opportunities for career development and training;
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months’ service);
- Socials, games nights and volunteering days through our staff engagement and development initiative;
- Fun, friendly, and openminded coworkers;
- The chance to be part of rapidly growing company;
- A dog-friendly office
If this is the role for you: Please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com.