The Ecology Consultancy is seeking a Project Administrator to support the team working on large scale infrastructure projects. We are looking for someone with an interest in ecology to assist with the logistics and coordination of field surveys, as well as assisting with the day to day organisation and management of The Ecology Consultancy’s London office. The Project Administrator will join an established team of Project Officers and Administrators.
We are looking for a fast learning, well organised, team player with good attention to detail and strong communication skills. The successful candidate must be able to work under pressure, prioritise and manage their own workload. The Project Administrator will be integral to the smooth running of the office and survey programmes throughout the summer. Tasks a successful candidate can be expected to be involved in include;
- Office administration
- Answering the phone, transferring calls and taking messages as required.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail
- Ordering supplies and equipment
- Ensuring waste and recycling is collected
- Assisting the Operations team with office administration and working with the project teams as required
- Logistics and coordination
- Managing accommodation and transport booking
- Coordinating surveyor schedules
- Health & Safety
- Managing PPE and equipment for the survey team
- Coordinating H&S training for new employees
- Assisting with H&S plans and risk assessment
- Assisting with the incident reporting process
- Raising purchase orders
- Assisting with the management of subcontractor timesheets
- Processing supplier invoices
- Maintaining the credit card and petty cash logs ensuring they are accurate and up to date
- Ensuring expenses are submitted on time and liaising with the finance team.
Essential skills and aptitudes
- Graduate with good working knowledge of MS Office
- Highly organised with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Quick to learn, thorough and friendly with the ability to prioritise and work under pressure
NB: This is an office-based position. The successful candidate will not be required to undertake field work.
The Ecology Consultancy
Founded in 1999, The Ecology Consultancy is now one of the largest dedicated consultancies owned and run by ecologist in the country. The company is defined by our unique culture- one that puts people at the core of everything we do. We strive to create a friendly and supportive working environment, encouraging staff to take advantage of every opportunity for professional development and assisting them in their career progression.
Joining the Ecology Consultancy is a chance to be part of close-knit, fun, openminded and driven team that really cares about what they do and prides themselves on the quality of their work!
What’s in it for you?
- 4-month contract
- Starting salary £21,944.00 pa (pro rata for length of contract)
- Paid annual leave, plus bank holidays;
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months’ service);
- TOIL (time off in lieu) policy and flexible approach to working hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance
- Opportunities for career development and training;
- Socials, games nights and volunteering days offered through our staff engagement and development programme;
- Fun, friendly, and openminded coworkers;
- A dog-friendly office
Applications (your CV and a covering letter) must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications: 1 July 2019.
The Ecology Consultancy aims to promote equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and clients as is consistent with the company’s Equalities Policy.