The Opportunity – Marketing Assistant, London
The position of Marketing Assistant will play a crucial role in a small but busy marketing team, based at The Ecology Consultancy’s London head office, with the potential to be based from our Sussex Office if the successful candidate is located in/near Sussex.
The marketing department is responsible for brand and regional marketing across 6 UK offices. You’ll have an opportunity to get involved in a wide range of marketing activity, with opportunities to learn fast and to bring your own ideas to the table, allowing the successful candidate to potentially have a big impact on a fast growing organisation. You will report directly to the Marketing Manager, supporting them in full-mix marketing activity as well as working closely with regional heads of office and their staff.
The Ecology Consultancy
The Ecology Consultancy was established in 1999 and is now one of the largest dedicated ecological consultancies in the UK, providing ecological surveys, assessments and advice to clients in construction and development.
The Ecology Consultancy has developed a sound reputation for delivering objective, high quality work to clients in the private, public and not-for-profit sectors and along with its sister environmental consultancy Temple, it forms part of Temple Group. They have worked on a wide range of projects from major infrastructure projects such as HS2 to numerous residential and urban development projects.
We are passionate about what we do and strive to create a friendly and supportive working environment with our structured training and development programme assisting staff in their career progression. Our unique company ethos is based around a passion for what we do and the desire to create a friendly and relaxed company culture.
- Day-to-day management of social media channels including content creation, development and reporting.
- Supporting the development, execution and analysis of email marketing campaigns.
- Supporting the development of a Customer Relationship Management System and managing client data.
- Working with the Marketing Manager and other staff members to produce content marketing output including: email newsletters, web content, case studies, whitepapers and guides etc.
- Helping to manage the content marketing pipeline.
- Supporting in the production and distribution of print collateral & stationary.
- Maintaining and researching media lists and aiding in creating press materials.
- Helping to act as a brand guardian, monitoring document use and ensuring brand guidelines are followed company-wide.
- Maintaining website content updates using CMS and working with the Marketing Manager to improve web performance (SEO).
- Working closely with external partners and agencies.
- Liaising closely with the internal teams as well as our sister company Temple.
- Providing research support – market research, media monitoring, competitor research etc.
- Assisting with the organisation of events; venues, suppliers, invitations etc.
- Coordinating marketing meetings, taking notes and following up actions as well as providing administrative support.
- Assisting the Marketing Manager with producing reports for the Directors and other senior staff.
We are looking for an approachable, proactive and well-organised individual who wants to take the next step in their marketing career and further develop their skills. You’ll be flexible with a willingness to learn whilst also being resourceful, with the ability to take ownership of projects and prioritise your own workload.
The successful candidate will have good commercial awareness coupled with a creative mindset, they will be able to work well with data, as well as possessing good writing and editing skills with an understanding of how to tell a good story.
- Some relevant past experience in a marketing/communications position.
- Degree educated.
- Excellent copywriting, editing and proofreading skills with a keen attention to detail and demonstrated writing experience – e.g. content marketing, blogging etc.
- A creative understanding and good eye for design
- Proactive, resourceful problem solver with the ability to use own initiative and manage own workload.
- Able to develop relationships and work collaboratively with staff at various levels
- Proficient in the use of MS Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc.
- 1+ years working in a marketing/communications team.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Preferably Photoshop with experience in Indesign a bonus.)
- Experience using web Content Management Systems (Such as WordPress.)
- Experience of using company social media accounts for commercial purposes.
- Experience of using e-mail marketing platforms (such as Mail Chimp etc.)
- Experience of using CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems.
- Knowledge of web optimisation and SEO principles.
- Experience of event organisation and management.
- Previous experience working in the environment, built environment and/or the B2B professional services sector and/or interest in environmental or ecological issues.
What do we offer?
- Salary in a range from £21,000 – £24,000 depending on skills and experience and based on a 40-hour week.
- 25 days Annual leave + bank holidays
- Career development, training budget and designated training days.
- Flexible working: Flexitime and opportunities for working from home and Time Off In Lieu where appropriate.
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months service).
- Socials, games nights, and volunteering days through our staff engagement and development initiative.
- A fun and relaxed working culture and office environment overlooking the River Thames.
Please fill out this short form
And send your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Midnight 18th November 2018.