We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Health and Safety Manager to join us.
Temple is one of the UK’s leading independent infrastructure and property consultancies, specialising in environment, planning and sustainability. We believe in putting communities and the environment at the heart of decision-making.
With a dynamic team comprising of some of the most talented people in the industry, we work on exciting and complex projects where clients can leverage the full value of our insight and commitment.
Our current work portfolio includes: technical support to clients in the private and public sectors, at local and national levels and in the UK and overseas; Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and other support for HS2, Crossrail 2, iconic property developments and large regeneration schemes; support to construction activities, including the London Underground Northern Line Extension, HS2 and Thames Tideway Tunnel; a wide range of bespoke planning and environmental assessments – everything from air quality monitoring and Environmental Statement reviews, through to expert witness support in relation to aviation noise.
As we embark on the next stage of our phenomenal success story, we are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Health and Safety Manager to join us on this journey.
You will have responsibility for competent advice to the company and project delivery support.
Initial focus will be on a variety of the company’s projects supporting environmental survey contracts, many but not all of which associated with the enabling and early works of HS2. The role will also include being part of a team developing new business processes.
You will be supported by and work closely with colleagues across the Temple Group (Temple, The Ecology Consultancy and Arbeco).
- Supporting Project Managers and Project Directors to develop and implement Health and Safety management plans for their projects;
Working closely with Health and Safety officers in the teams of partner companies and clients;
- Site visits for both formal (e.g. inspections/compliance checks, toolbox talks) and informal purposes (e.g. discussions with the survey teams to assess what is working well and what is not working well);
- Review of the weekly completion of safe systems of work (RAMs) and that of our supply chain, including review and issue;
Acting as competent person for Health and Safety;
- Project Incident investigation and reporting;
Support to the induction of Temple site staff and subcontractor’s staff with the Client’s project, their systems and processes;
- Creation of means to recognise and reward positive behaviour;
Development of suitable training programmes;
Setting up suitable indicators, monitoring and reporting performance
- Reviewing all client requirements, and corporate requirements and ensuring suitable plans, process and procedures are in place, and;
- Ensure compliance with company Health and Safety requirements on projects
Business duties include:
- Ownership of occupational Health and Safety management system, including ensuring, with the support of the business, the continued certification of system;
Strategic and long-term guidance for discipline;
- Ownership of the health and safety elements of employee wellbeing;
- Identification of training needs and competence requirements across the business;
- Collection, collation, analysis and reporting of Health and Safety data, and;
- Accident and incident investigation
- Input into the planning of new business systems;
- Development of new business systems as part of integration team.
Successful candidate will have:
- Minimum NEBOSH Diploma
- Membership of the Institute of Occupational Health and Safety (IOSH) or equivalent.
- Experience in similar roles, depending on specific experience and capability.
- Rail experience preferred
- Experience of Health and safety management systems; Accident investigation; Auditing;
- Inspections; Risk assessment and method statement review;
- Knowledge of UK Health and Safety legislation and Network Rail rules;
- Ability to present and/or train to others;
- Passionate about the role of Health and Safety leadership;
- Willingness to travel to client offices and sites;
- Able to work constructively with demanding client;
- Able to work to deadlines and ensure others do the same;
- Able to deal with and influence stakeholders;
- Able to work independently and holding self to account;
- Able to multitask and have a flexible approach to workload.
If you are interested in this role, please send a covering letter setting out what you are passionate about and what you can bring to Temple, stating your current salary and the role/position/grade you are applying for, to email@example.com. Please also attach a copy of your latest full CV.