Looking for an opportunity to advance your career in consultancy within a supportive environment?
As a dynamic and growing business, we are searching for a self-motivated and positive-minded GIS Technician to join our friendly team in either our London or Sussex offices. The successful candidate will be involved in all areas of our work, supporting clients in a vast range of different sectors. Responsibilities include basic data management of GIS project data including use of the GIS template, the file server, data standards and QC. Digitisation of ecology project data from ecologists and production of maps for inclusion in reports and to work with GIS Team in order to provide appropriate data and maps to company quality standards.
This position provides a great opportunity to learn how to lead and deliver individual projects from start to finish, work in a growing team and assist in development of GIS. Due to the culture of the company you would also be encouraged to further your CPD and would be given a chance to learn from more experienced colleagues who are experts in their field and can provide valuable mentoring.
Although you’ll be based in our London or Sussex offices, the project-based nature of our work means that there may be occasional requirement for travel to other offices in order to provide or receive training.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- MSC/BSC in GIS or equivalent field
- Some experience in ecological consultancy or related work;
- Experience with ESRI’S ArcGIS suite
- AGOL knowledge/Proficient in ESRI’s mobile applications
- AutoCAD/other CAD based software experience
- Geodatabase /schema development and management experience
- Attention to detail and analytical working
- Experience of managing projects to deadlines and budget;
- The ill to work outside normal office hours as required;
- The ability to use own initiative and be proactive;
- The will to take on other duties or administrative tasks as required;
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Experience of the following would be a distinct advantage: Other remote sensing / GIS skills such as habitat suitability / connectivity mapping and a working knowledge of ESRI’s Enterprise solution.
GIS professionals with environmental backgrounds (education or work) with habitat modelling experience and knowledge about ecological systems are particularly encouraged to apply.
The Ecology Consultancy
Founded in 1999, The Ecology Consultancy has over 100 employees and is now one of the largest dedicated consultancies run by ecologists in the country. Along with Arbeco, our sister company offering arboricultural consultancy and habitat management services, and the environmental consultancy Temple, we form part of the Temple Group of companies.
The company is defined by our unique culture – one that puts people at the core of everything we do. We strive to create a friendly and supportive working environment, encouraging staff to take advantage of every opportunity for professional development and assisting them in their career progression. Joining the Ecology Consultancy is a chance to be part of close-knit, fun and driven team that really cares about what they do and prides itself on the quality of their work.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary on a scale commensurate with experience from £20,000 upwards (plus £2,000 for London Weighting if applicable);
- TOIL (time off in lieu) policy and flexible approach to working hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance;
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays;
- Opportunities for career development and training;
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months’ service);
- Socials, games nights and volunteering days through our staff engagement and development initiative;
- Fun, friendly, and forward-thinking coworkers;
- A dog-friendly office.
If this is the role for you: Please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 17/01/2019.