Are you passionate about wildlife and conservation? We have excellent opportunities for Assistant Ecologists willing to strengthen their experience and kick start their career in ecological consultancy.
As a dynamic and growing business, we are looking for self-motivated and positive-minded Assistant Ecologists to join our friendly team on a fixed term basis. The successful candidates will be assisting our team of ecologists to carry out Preliminary Ecological Appraisals and a wide range of protected species survey work during the busy 2019 field season. The previous experience of mitigation projects would be highly beneficial. This position offers excellent prospects, with the possibility of becoming permanent for the right candidates.
The successful candidates will be based from our offices in London and Lewes (with the potential of being based from our Norwich office if the candidates are based in or near Norfolk). However, the project-based nature of our work means that there will be a requirement to undertake travel needed to successfully carry out contracts. This may include overnight stays and, possibly, longer periods of working away from home.
The successful candidates will have:
- A relevant degree;
- Experience of carrying out preliminary ecological appraisals as well as reptile, great crested newt and bat surveys;
- An ability to identify native hepterofauna to species, life stage:
- Be willing to occasionally work during evenings and at weekends;
- A full clean UK driving licence;
- Good data QA & report writing skills;
- A valid CSCS card.
Preferably, the candidates will also have:
- A great crested newt survey licence;
- Experience with other species groups and the ability to identity habitats and indicator plant species;
- Experience of working on mitigation sites;
- Experience of providing Ecological Clerk of Works services;
- Bat sound analysis skills;
- CIEEM Graduate or Associate Membership.
The Ecology Consultancy
Founded in 1999, The Ecology Consultancy is now one of the largest dedicated consultancies owned and run by ecologist in the country. The company is defined by our unique culture- one that puts people at the core of everything we do. We strive to create a friendly and supportive working environment, encouraging staff to take advantage of every opportunity for professional development and assisting them in their career progression.
Joining the Ecology Consultancy is a chance to be part of close-knit, fun, openminded and driven team that really cares about what they do and prides itself on the quality of their work!
What’s in it for you?
- TOIL (time off in lieu) policy and flexible approach to working hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance
- Salary on a scale commensurate with experience from £19,944 -£20,555 (plus £2,000 for London Weighting);
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays;
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months’ service);
- Amazing opportunities for career development and training;
- Socials, games nights and volunteering days offered through our staff engagement and development programme;
- Fun, friendly, and openminded co-workers;
- The chance to be part of rapidly growing company;
- A dog-friendly office.
If this is the role for you: please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is Friday 29st March 2019.