Looking for an opportunity to advance your career in consultancy within a supportive environment?
Arbeco Ltd. is a young and expanding company that is moving into the next stage of its development. Established in 2014, Arbeco recently joined forces with The Ecology Consultancy (‘TEC’) one of the UK’s largest dedicated ecological consultancies. Along with its sister company, the environment and planning consultancy Temple Group, it forms part of (and is wholly owned by) Temple Group Management Limited.
With a current complement of eight full time operational and technical staff including tree surgeons and consultants and two part time directors, whom also sit on the TEC board, our team are based both in our Sussex headquarters and in central London, both offices shared jointly with TEC. Our Sussex team deliver our core offering of practical tree and habitat management services and consultancy for trees in relation to construction.
The company is defined by our unique culture – one that puts people at the core of everything we do. We strive to create a friendly and supportive working environment. Joining Arbeco is a chance to be part of a close-knit, fun, openminded and driven team that really cares about what they do and prides itself on the quality of their work.
We have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated Arboricultural Consultant to assist with and carry out Arboricultural surveys and reports. The post will be based in either our London or Lewes offices and will require travel between them. The project-based nature of our work means that there will also be a requirement to undertake such travel as is necessary to successfully carry out contracts.
The Arboriculturalist will be involved in all areas of tree survey work, including:
- Undertaking BS 5837 surveys and reports;
- Tree condition surveys;
- Fee quote preparation and management of cost control;
- Participate in marketing and developing the Arboricultural services offered to new and existing clients;
- Providing support to The Ecology Consultancy management team.
The successful candidates will:
- Have degree or minimum Level 3 Arboricultural qualification i.e. HNC Arb, AA Tech Cert, NDip Arb;
- Have a working understanding of undertaking tree surveys and preparing reports to BS 5837:2012;
- Be confident in planning and managing your own portfolio of work;
- Have experience delivering comprehensive Arboricultural reports within tight timeframes to meet client requirements;
- Have strong IT skills including MS Office;
- Have a full clean UK driving licence;
- Have good data & report writing skills.
Desirable but not essential:
- LANTRA Professional Tree Inspection Certificate (PTI)
- An understanding of basic maps and plans using autocad, GIS or similar.
- Technical or Professional membership to the Arboricultural Association.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary on a scale commensurate with experience.
- TOIL (time off in lieu) policy and flexible approach to working hours to ensure a healthy work-life balance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays;
- Opportunities for career development and training;
- Auto enrolment pension scheme (after 3 months’ service);
- Socials, games nights and volunteering days offered through our staff engagement and development initiative;
- Fun, friendly, and forward-thinking co-workers;
- A dog-friendly office.
If this is the role for you: Please apply by emailing your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is 16/10/2020.